Ropheka Massage is to support each clients’ health care plan and to provide quality care for all clients. We work with a variety of conditions and create a customized, outcome-driven treatment plan for each client to address their health needs
- Sports Massage is a specialized form of Massage specifically geared towards athletes of any kind, from the World-Class professional to the weekend gym novice.
- Sports massage was specifically developed to prepare your body for optimal performance before, during and after an athletic activity, manipulating the soft tissue in order to prevent or improve sports injury.
- Sports Massage is usually given at 3 specific times; before a major event, to increase circulation, flexibility and mental clarity and to improve performance; in between workouts, to flush out toxins and take away aches and pain; after an event, to relax the muscles and speed up muscle recovery time.
- Sports Massage emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries in the muscles and tendons for athletes of all levels.
Sports Massage has many benefits, predominantly catering to athletes of all kinds. Sports Massage helps increase range of motion, muscle mobility, increase circulation and help athletes remain soft, subtle and flexible. One of the major and most important benefits of Sports Massage is it helps reduce muscle recovery time by helping to flush out lactic acid, a natural toxin that is released in your body through strenuous exercise. If this lactic acid is not flushed out, it can build up and cause the muscles to become sore. One of the major benefits of Sports Massage is to help muscles, tendons and joints to stay in optimum shape. Sports Massage is the most effective modality in treating injuries such as sprains, strains and stress injuries. This form of massage can be a great tool for athletes to enhance their performance and recovery
- Swedish Massage, devised in Sweden, is the most commonly offered technique in Massage Therapy and is usually the basis of most of the different modalities. This technique involves the use of long gliding strokes, kneading, tapping, friction and vibration.
- Swedish Massage is one of the most basic techniques that most massage therapists will use during a treatment and build other techniques on. If you don’t receive massages often or if it’s your first ever massage, then Swedish Massage is the best modality for you.
- As the primary goal of a Swedish Massage is to completely relax you, during the therapy session the therapist will work your whole body working with the soft tissues and muscles to restore health and balance. If you are experiencing stress or simply want to relax, then this modality is for you.
Swedish Massage, being the most common massage modality, has numerous benefits. It helps rehabilitate muscles after an injury by the therapist working on specific areas of the body and working with specific muscles to “work out the kinks”. This form of massage is great for increasing flexibility, improving immune system, pain management, and soft tissue strains and injuries. Swedish Massage is best known to reduce stress as this modality is used to maximize relaxation. Lowering stress levels help as well with reducing tension headaches, giving you more energy and allowing you to get a better night’s sleep. It is said that an hour of massage is said to be equivalent to 8 hours of sound sleep.
Deep Tissue Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage, as its name implies, is a type of massage incorporating firm, deep pressure and slower strokes to reach the deeper layers of the fascia, the tissue below the skin, and muscles. This modality is highly therapeutic and very effective in relieving painful, tense problem areas.
- Deep Tissue Massage is one of the most common Massage modalities and utilizes many of the same techniques as the Swedish Massage. It is a deeper, more intense version of the Swedish Massage, targeting a specific problem such as pain or an injury. Much more pressure is applied to the muscles and fascia sometimes making the session slightly uncomfortable but highly effective.
- Deep Tissue Massage is, as well, a highly effective massage to break up scar tissue and deep muscle knots, often using some of the same strokes as Swedish Massage. The therapist will apply shorter, gliding strokes often with their forearm or elbow to ensure deeper pressure to target specific muscles and areas.
Benefits of Deep Tissue
Most people find the Deep Tissue Massage as the most effective in relieving joint and muscle related pains or injuries. Deep Tissue is a very powerful modality in aiding injury rehabilitation, improving postural problems, releasing chronic muscle tension, lowering spasm, lowering blood pressure, reducing anxiety and relieving chronic back pain. Whether you are a placing daily high demands on your body, recovering from an injury or suffering from chronic pain, deep tissue massage has many benefits. This form of massage helps to lengthen and release muscles which might get frequently tense during highly stressful or intense activities. Deep Tissue Massage can help lower cortisol levels and boost oxytocin, which relaxes the body. It can improve athletic performance and recovery, by delaying the onset of muscle soreness and muscle fatigue. Other benefits include facilitating toxin removal, eliminating scar tissue and boost immune function.
Hot Stone Massage
- Hot Stone Massage is one of the most relaxing Massages you can experience, very similar to a Swedish Massage or a Deep Tissue Massage. With the additional layer of heat, this adds a different element to the massage experience. The heat allows the tissue to loosen up and therefore the therapist can access the fascia on a much deeper level without too much pressure.
- Hot Stone Massage soothes, relaxes and de-stresses your entire body, elevating your mood and strengthening your circulation with the aid of the warm stones creating more blood flow. In addition to deep relaxation, there are many benefits to having a Hot Stone Massage including pain relief, alleviating sciatica, decreasing scar tissue, stress relief, increase joint flexibility, decreased muscle tension and promotes better sleep.
- Hot Stone Massage helps you relax and ease tense muscles and damaged tissue throughout the body. One study has been found that people with rheumatoid arthritis benefited from a hot stone massage experiencing less pain, greater grip strength a greater range of motion after a month of massage treatments.
A hot stone massage is a massage that uses flat, and heated rocks places at key points on the body. Typically, the stones are made of basalt, or river rocks, a type of volcanic rock, that hold the heat longer than most other stones. Other types of stones used during a Hot Stone Massage can be made of Sedimentary Rock, Metamorphic Rock, Gemstones, Jade or Himalayan Salt Stones. Typically, the stones are heated in a hot stone warmer, which is somewhat like a crockpot between 135 degrees F and 145 degrees F. Host Stone Massage is a relaxing way for deep tissue to be delivered into the muscles. The heat helps access the deep fascia much faster. Swedish Massage Techniques are used during the Hot Stone Massage, including long relaxing strokes with the therapist using the stones as an extension of their hands to massage the body.
- Therapeutic Massage is an outcome-based massage, predominately the application of a specific treatment targeted to a specific problem the patient has been diagnosed with. Also known as clinical massage or treatment massage.
- Therapeutic Massage focuses on a specific medical diagnosis and can be recommended for a variety of ailments. This style of massage applies the various massage techniques already in practice to achieve several medical goals.
- One of the differences between a regular spa massage and a Therapeutic massage is the frequency of your massage visits. There is usually a targeted plan during the treatment with a specific goal based around a health outcome thus requiring a series of timed visits versus an isolated spa visit.
What are the benefits of Therapeutic Massage?
Therapeutic Massage has many health benefits, whether you are dealing with a specific injury, or have a certain medical condition, a massage by a trained professional can improve your health in numerous ways. This type of massage is great for stress relief, pain relief, reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation, improving digestion, increasing sense of calmness, helping treat specific injuries, improving posture and alleviating heachaches. Therapeutic Massage, or Clinical massage techniques may include myofascial treatment, deep tissue massage, cross-fiber friction, neuromuscular “trigger point” technique and muscle energy technique. This specialized type of massage is often included in a comprehensive treatment including physical therapy or other pain-relieving strategies.
Myofascial Cupping Massage
- Myofascial Cupping Massage Therapy is a therapy in which heated glass cups are applied to the skin along the meridians of the body, creating suction as a way of stimulating the flow of energy. The suction cups break up congestion and stagnation by drawing blood and energy to the surface. There are 2 different types of cupping techniques: Wet and Dry.
- During Wet Myofascial Cupping Therapy, superficial cuts are made to the skin, allowing for the elimination of toxic blood and fluids, subsequently a vacuum cup is placed over the injured site. Later the cut is treated with antiseptic ointments and bandages to help the tiny wounds heal.
- During Dry Myofascial Cupping Massage Therapy, the cups are placed over several areas of the body to create a vacuum which lifts the soft tissue and creates a stretch within the muscle and fascia. During Dry Myofascial Cupping Massage Therapy, the cups can either be left in one same position or moved around to provide a deep tissue feeling.
- Benefits of Prenatal Massage:Prenatal Massage has many benefits for expectant mothers, both physical and emotional. Due to the physical demands of carrying a child, prenatal massage can help with the typical aches and pains associated with pregnancy such as lower back pain, achy feet, soreness of legs, joint pain, sciatica and headaches. Another vast benefit of Prenatal Massage is the relaxation component.
- Prenatal Massage can help relieve the mental and emotional stress associated with pregnancy. It can help with fatigue by re-energizing you and can improve your overall sleep patterns. Studies have shown that moms-to-be who get a regular massage have lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol and higher levels of the feel-good hormones serotonin and dopamine which has been linked to fewer childbirth complications.
Prenatal Massage is especially designed for pregnant mothers in their second and third trimesters. It is a wonderful complimentary choice for prenatal care. The client is usually laying in a side-lying position making it the most comfortable for the expectant mother. The therapist will provide ample supportive cushions and pillows to enhance support, decrease pressure and increase relaxation during the massage. Prenatal Massage is wonderful for expectant mothers, not only for their body but for their mind, spirits and emotions. Prenatal Massage is wonderful for the typical lower back pain that expectant mothers experience, but also beneficial in reducing swelling in the legs, arms and feet. Due to the significant changes pregnant mothers are going through, Prenatal Massage is a healthy way to promote overall wellness.top